Thursday, September 5, 2013

Wine Cork Burst


I have been collecting wine corks for a few years now, sticking them in my cork house and letting them sit. I have been wanting to find some other interesting way to display them, but never got around to doing it. Well, the other day I noticed that one of the balls in my vase filler was peeling, so I figured what a perfect opportunity to try something new with it. 

I used the plastic ball and hot glued wine corks to it to make my very own wine cork burst. To start, I used a votive candle holder to hold the plastic ball in place while gluing. I glued three corks onto the ball, and then cut another cork along the sides to fit in the middle of the three corks. It sounds confusing, but is super simple once you are going through the process. 


I used a total of about 60 wine corks and this project took me a little less than an hour.




I love the way my wine cork burst turned out, and I love the way it looks in our living room. It also seems to be a great conversation piece when guests come over. 

What are some other wine cork crafts you have made?

Happy Thursday!!



1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I just LOVE this... I love wine and I have a lot of corks... LOL. I also purchased a couple of boxes of plain corks from Target when I saw them. I really need to try this... going to pin now!

    ReplyDelete