Monday, January 13, 2014

Post-Christmas Decorations



Anyone else find your home incredibly bare after taking down all your Christmas decorations?
This year, I put everything away and wondered to myself, "Why is my home so plain?" I then decided to decorate for winter. Snowflakes, sparkle, and printables were a must! 

Here's a few quick ways to add a little seasonal decor to your home after taking down the Christmas decorations:


Reuse Ornaments

I kept out one of our silver snowflake ornaments and put it in a bubble bowl with some sparkly diamond confetti (leftover from the wedding)


Use Snowflake Vase Fillers


I bought these vase filler stones and snowflakes a few years back from Pier 1 Imports. I love throwing them on a plate with a candle or in a vase for some winter-themed decor.


Find a Cute Printable (or two, or three)

I love this printable from Blog. It is the perfect filler after Christmas time. And it keeps my humming "Baby, It's Cold Outside" long after the radio stations stop playing it.


Leave Out the Tulle Lights

I used these tulle lights for my Christmas Vignette, but why not leave them out for the month of January as well? It gives a nice snowy effect  to our buffet.


Make Falling Snowflakes Garland

I whipped up these cute falling snowflakes this afternoon to add the final touches on my Winter Vignette. Blog post coming soon!


Well, I hope I have inspired you to winterize your home a bit! I love the simplicity of my January decor after a house full of Christmas, and hey my house looks soooo much bigger now that the tree is put away. 
And Before we know it, we'll be getting out the Valentine's Decorations!